Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Garden

We planted a vegetable garden last week. It took us all day. We rented a sod cutter and tiller to help us with the job. We may have never finished without those tools, We started at 8:30 in the morning and didn't finish until 10 that night. We put a brick border to help define the garden and keep out the grass, then we put a garden fence up to keep the dogs out, so far so good. Hopefully we will get lots of veggies to share.... You like zucchini right!
Keith and Dad measuring our garden, doing the math for how many border bricks we need.
One our our egg plants actually has an egg plant growing already!

Our garden

Out front we planted four rose bushes, this one, John F Kennedy, is doing GREAT! Double Delight died, Peace and Lincoln are struggling, but are still showing signs of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Work!!...It should be encouraging that I planted a little garden in not the best of soil with not the most know-how, but most of everything I planted is growing nicely. :) --I love gardens, we always had big ones growing up.
Only 1 of my 3 tomatoe plants survived--but the seeds I stuck in the ground grew like they were supposed to. I planted some pumpkins--sugar and giant...I really hope they'll grow nice & big for Halloween :)
--So is the plastic cover to lock in moistrue & help the plants grow?...I've never seen that method.
-Oh, I heard your parents got that house(!) -That's cool! When do they move in?
Well I hope your garden grows & produces well for you--I'm sure it will!
(PS..Loved Steve's mission letter!--he's awesome!)