Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow Day
















Today we have been blessed with more than 8" of snow. We had no snow before today. It had all melted and made way for Spring. It was nice. Now today, there is so much snow, and the plows just shoved almost 2 feet of snow into my driveway. So I am stuck. I have tried to shovel my way out, but the ice chunks in the snow from the road are too big and heavy for me to move. I think this might be the first time I have been snowed in, since the blizzard of 83? When all the schools is Salt Lake were closed. I guess I get to make new plans for today. I don't think they are going to be fun though...



The Ironic thing is that Keith went to work overtime at the airport today because of the expected snow, it never did snow at the airport, now I have to take a sick day because he isn't here to help shovel me out...... LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, dejavu!..that's what happened up here in Fruit heights!--the plows put 2/3 ft in front of my drive way :p ...I was able to shovel myself out (Nase's working out of town otherwise I would've made him do it)...but by the time I got to shoveling it was all slush...Which seems quite a bit heavier to move than snow--but at least it is moveable. I let the kids play in the snow(slush) while I shoveled & they were so soaked & cold by the time I was done--even in snow clothes :-0
-Oh & I guess another big storm is coming this way!!
Hope you made the most of your "sick" day! :)
PS..Feel free to call me if you're snowed in & need to get somewhere--I can usually get out of my driveway..my Blazer has pretty good snowtires & 4-whl-drv. I'd love to pick you up curve-side & go for a gallavant. :)

Anonymous said...

*That's 2-3 feet...not 2/3 of a foot :)