Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sunflowers


These sunflowers were planted by my neighbor -hood birds. See the bird feeder in the middle, kinda to the left, just behind the sunflowers? Yup, filled it up with a variety pack of bird seed. The birds drop more seeds than they eat, and the sunflowers bloomed out of control! I have them scattered in several different spots where the seed could reach the dirt. They smothered out my intended pink and purple flowers, but in the end I thought they were pretty so I kept them. I did however have to pull up the squash plant, don't know what variety it was, but my front lawn was no place for a plant that size to be growing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, that is SO cool!!!...I planted giant sunflowers are blooming at only like 2 ft tall -- next year, I'm letting the birds plant mine!...your flowers are gorgeous!!!